Friday 24 February 2017

My Search For The Perfect Country Home

There have been a lot of changes in my life over the past eight or so months and saying goodbye to my old life has been a real challenge.  But through it all my dream still remains the same.  I'm craving the country lifestyle.  I miss the countryside views, the little hedge lined, windy lanes, regular sightings of tractors and wild foul.  I miss it, but if anything it makes me feel all the more determined to find the perfect country retreat.



I actually viewed a property last week.  It was perfect and I fell in love.  Walking around the empty rooms I felt at home, and I could totally see myself living there, envisioning all my belongings around me.  But and there is always a but, there was something that just didn't feel quite right and because of that I turned it down, whether it was the right decision, I really don't know.



Looking for a place to live, a home, is a really big and important job and it has to be right.  Having recently moved I don't intend on it being a habit or to become part of a routine.  I want to move and be able to stay there for a long time and with that in mind where I move to has to be completely and utterly perfect for me. 


I know the perfect home is out there.  The chances are, it won't necessarily be my next home, but I will find it.  It is out there somewhere waiting for me.  I'm searching for you forever home, honestly I am and when I find you we will live happily ever after.


~ Gem x   

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your search. I too am searching for that perfect home right now, we are in the process of moving to the Outer Hebrides. We have sold our house and are now looking for a little cottage to enjoy our retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is such a stressful process but hopefully all well worth it in the end x x

      Delete
  2. I think you were right to trust your instincts, the right home will come along and you'll just know it.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly where you are coming from with this! We just put in a house on an offer yesterday! Really hope we get it....I think!

    ReplyDelete