Friday 10 February 2017

A Few of My Favourite Things #2

I've written a couple of these posts before, the first one a general list of favourites and the second inspired by Center Parcs, but you can never have too many favourite things so I figured I'd write another one and share some more of my loves with you all.

* Lazy weekend mornings spent in my pj's while I decide what to do with the rest of my day.


* The smell of a coal fire whilst out for a country walk or drive.

* Looking through old photos and reminiscing about times gone by.

* Waking up to a frosty morning and getting to enjoy it's beauty from the warmth and comfort of the sofa wrapped in a blanket with a hot cup of tea.

* Cinema dates at the new local Everyman Cinema.


* Receiving hand written letters from friends in the post.

* Ben and Jerry's ice cream (I still can't decide on a favourite flavour).

* The sense and feeling of a new beginning.

* The scent and taste of rose, I just love it.

* Bakewell flapjacks ~ a new discovery but oh my gosh they are amazing.

* Making plans.

* Pretty notebooks (you can never have too many).

* Visiting gardens and soaking in all the beautiful flowers within it, they are always my favourite part when visiting National Trust properties and similar places.


* The feeling of freedom you get when out for a walk by the coast or through the countryside.

It makes me realise that there are so many things that make me feel grateful for all that I have and sometimes it is the little things that make all the difference.

~ Gem x

1 comment: