Monday 14 November 2016

Life Changes

Over the past few months there have been odd comments dropped into some of my posts that would indicate that there have been some difficult times in my life of late.  I've played around with this post over and over in my mind, never really being able to find the right words to express exactly how I feel or what it is I want to say.  


I've been unsure whether to publish what has been going on but I feel that I should.  Having never been one for sharing every detail of my life it's been difficult to know what to say, however a lot of my life has been very present within my blog, which is one of the reasons why I feel this would make sense to document.  It may also help to explain my blog posts in the future, moving forward.  


Basically what I'm wanting to say is that sadly myself and my husband are no longer together.  I'm not going to go into all the details as that is personal between the two of us, but it has meant that there have been many changes in my life since July.  It has been a really tough journey, one I didn't think I would ever have to cope with, one I hadn't thought I was capable of handling.  I have surprised myself at how strong I have been.  I have found so much strength, love and support through my amazing friends and family and would never have got through it without them.  They have all been incredible, I'm so lucky to have them in my life.


I have had a lot of time to process what has gone on.  I don't think I will ever fully get over it, but learning to deal with it has certainly become easier.  I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, it's become almost like a mantra to me, I seem to have found a few of those these past five months or so.  Life is for living and that's exactly what I'm going to do.  So to the rest of my life, 'Let's be having you, I'm ready'.

~ Gem x

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Gem. Sending love your way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, Gem. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that. Well done for your strength so far... God bless you.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did gather something was going on from your blog and facebook but didn't want to seem like I was being nosy checking in. As you know I'm not far down the road and we really must meet up for a festive coffee!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of how strong you are my lovely. Thinking of you Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma, it's been a tough slog but I'm definitely getting there x x

      Delete
    2. You're amazing, you've been handling everything so well <3 can't wait to see you tonight :) x

      Delete