Wednesday 9 November 2016

Embracing The Here and Now

In this fast paced world we live in, it is so easy to fall into the trap of constant forward planning.  No sooner has one life event happened, we are already onto planning the next and I am just as guilty of this as the next person.

With Halloween and Fireworks Night over, the shops are packed to the rafters with Christmas decorations and gift ideas.  Don't get me wrong, I am in my element right here as you all know how much this girl LOVES Christmas.  But sometimes I do ask myself whether it is all a bit too soon.


With this in mind I am going to try and pull it back and embrace the here and now. Make the most of those golden hues that line the streets for the last few days, as the leaves begin to fall from the trees leaving them cold and bare and enjoy listening to that crunching sound underfoot. 


Spending my evenings wrapped in a blanket catching up with Vlogs and Netflix, or time with my laptop reading blogs with the candles lit and a nice hot cuppa and maybe some cake, my idea of perfection. 


There have been a lot of changes in my life recently, which I promise I will update you on soon.  It's just a case of finding the right time and the right words to explain it, but I'm sure a lot of things will make sense to you when I do.  So for now I'm going to make the most of right now, live for every moment and enjoy it for what it is.  Perhaps with a little Christmas sprinkled in for good measure.  I am a blogger after all.

And while on the topic of Christmas I can announce the winners of my Country Living Christmas Fair Giveaway.  Congratulations to Marion who won the London tickets and to Mamasmercantile who has won the Harrogate tickets.  The Glasgow tickets are sill up for grabs as I hadn't received any entries for them.  So if you want to be in with a chance of winning those just leave a comment on this post letting me know you're interested and I can pick a winner.

~ Gem x

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so thrilled thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, well done. I hope you enjoy the show x x

      Delete
  2. I agree with you so much! All this planning and no time to savour the present moment♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easily done but I'm determined not to let the moments slip away, you only live once after all x x

      Delete
  3. Yes Gemma!!
    Love these autumnal pics tooo x
    Laura x
    http://lifebylaurax.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love the Glasgow tickets-fingers crossed I'm lucky!! Catriona in Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can email me you're address they are all yours. My email is gemcountrylife@hotmail.com x x

      Delete
    2. Wow-email address sent now. Thank you so much. Catriona

      Delete