Friday 9 October 2015

My DIY Handmade Wedding


Tomorrow I celebrate one year of marriage with the love of my life and nothing makes me happier.


I have so many fond memories from that incredible day 364 days ago.  I would love to do it all over again.


I still suffer from wedding blues one year on and doubt I will ever shake that feeling.  It honestly was the best day of my life.  


Seeing all of the hard work, planning and preparations for our DIY handmade wedding come together was such a fantastic feeling and a great sense of achievement.  All the jars decorated ready for the flowers, the bunting all sewn up, the paper pom poms ruffled and hung, the flower petals dried and  put into the handmade cones made from doilies ready to be thrown, the signs written out and displayed around the venue, and cakes baked by loved ones.  All of it came together perfectly.


And looking back I wouldn't have changed a thing.



It really was the most perfect day.  Everything went to plan and everyone had a lovely day.


And I guess you could say "And they lived happily ever after"


~ Gem x


6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary for tomorrow if I don't remember to say it again. It's amazing looking at all your hard work and efforts that went into creating a wonderful and personal wedding day.

    Have a great weekend celebrating,

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was all worth it in the end x x x

      Delete
  2. A whole year! How time flies. I still have fond memories of our wedding nearly 14 years ago. I guess sweet memories stay with you forever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole year indeed. I'm so pleased it brought back happy memories for you x x x

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful day you had! I get wedding bless too but I've only been married a month and I'm already obsessed with my photos!!! Happy anniversary for the other day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely. I'd like to say it gets easier but it really doesn't, I'd give anything to do all the planning and relive the day all over again, you just can't explain it x x x

      Delete