Wednesday 28 October 2015

A Cosy Autumn

For me, Autumn is all about getting cosy and hunkering down for the colder months of the year.


It's all about snuggling under blankets with a good book and a big mug of tea, or hot chocolate or even a pumpkin spiced latte with lots of cream.


This Autumn I've been settling down with Jenny Colgan's The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris and I'm in love, and have been since page 1.  Don't you just love books like that, you just can't put them down.



It's about hot candlelit bubble baths and trying out the latest seasonal LUSH products.




In fact it's all about candlelight and fairy lights all the time, not just at bath time.  Lighting plays a huge part on setting the scene and making a home feel warm and cosy.


And creating little Autumn displays, bringing the outdoors in.


These are definitely the reasons why I love Autumn so much.

~ Gem x

6 comments:

  1. I adore Jenny Colgan, she is a wonderful author I have nearly all of her books :)
    I thoroughly agree that's pretty much what I've been doing most evening, judge relaxing under blankets with a good book :).I adore your decor, that wee hedgehog is sooo cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few of her more recent books and loved them, I'm not so sure on the older stuff though.
      Thank you, I do love getting all cosy indoor, I'm definitely a home body. We've named him Bertie (me and the bestie) we'd spotted him in TK Max and I just couldn't leave him behind x x x

      Delete
  2. Oh! Such warmth in your pictures, Gem! I wish I wasn't at work right now because I'd rather be hunkering down under a blanket with a book, too! I'll have to see if I can find that Jenny Colgan book. I think there might be a Christmas version too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn, I know that feeling far too well haha. She has written a few Christmas books, sadly not of the Chocolate Shop but the Cupcake Cafe and Sweetshop both have Christmas versions plus there is another Christmas book that she has written too, I love her books, they give you the feel good factor for sure x x x

      Delete