Monday 12 October 2015

First Wedding Anniversary Celebrations

I can now officially say that I've been married one whole year, and what a year it has been.  Full of up's and downs but having my husband by my side I wouldn't change a thing.  Seeing our rings sit together amongst some of our wedding day confetti filled me with so much joy.


It was a very low key celebration, opening all of our cards in bed with a cuppa, followed by a forest walk.  I can't really remember the last time we had some quality alone time together, it felt good walking and talking and of course there was a lot of hand holding.


We finished off the day nicely with a gorgeous dinner at The Cuckoo in Radley Green, it was absolutely delicious.  We've been meaning to try this place for some time now and were glad we finally got round to it.


It was the perfect day spending quality time together celebrating each other and our first year of marriage.  The best part of the celebration though was receiving a video from our photographers.  It came as such a shock, I really had no idea they had planned it or that they had filmed so much.  I'll save myself giving the full explanation and let you see it for yourselves.



Here's to many more happy years of marriage.

~ Gem x

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Gem and James! Here's to many , many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear on your first anniversary. I am really happy for you both. Last year I also got married at the outdoor venues in San Francisco and we are now making plans to celebrate our 1st anniversary at the same place. Isn’t that a great idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I'd wanted to visit our venue on our first anniversary too but we never got around to it. It is such a lovely idea and you never know, may well turn into a little yearly tradition, that would be lovely x x x

      Delete