Monday 20 July 2015

My Very Own Top 5 Blog Posts

I always find it really interesting seeing what directs people here to my little space in the world that is blogging, but what I find most intriguing are the posts that receive the most views.  It always makes me wonder why these particular posts but none the less here are my top 5 viewed blog posts in reverse order.
5. Sweet Sewing. Ah the day James bought me my beautiful Wertheim Superba sewing machine for the bargain price of £15.  Posted back in March 2012.  It now takes pride of place on our dresser and was even used as part of one of our wedding reception displays.  I'm still as in love with it today as I was the day he bought it. 

4. Twas The Week Before Christmas - Guest Post Day 1.  I ran a little series of guest posts on my blog on the run up to Christmas in December 2011.  This particular takeover was by Gemma over at Musings of a Gem who I'm pleased to say I am still good friends with to this day.  We chat regularly although we don't get to meet up half as much as we would like to.  Gemma still blogs so pop on over and say hello.

Image provided by Gemma for the purpose of her blog post.

3.  Poppies at the Tower of London.  I'm so glad I took the time to go and see this installation in September 2014.  It was absolutely remarkable.  It was so touching to see such an effort had been made to pay tribute and respect to all of those who gave up their lives to fight for us and our country.


2. The Cherry On Top.  A review of a local tea room back in April 2012, which has now become a Dunkin Dounuts.  I can't say I'm too surprised it didn't last as a tea room. 


And my most viewed blog post in at number one.................

1. Stained Glass Heart.   A review of a stained glass heart workshop in March 2012, at what unbeknown to me was to be my wedding venue.


So there you have it, my all time top 5 blog posts.

~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. I'm so gutted that despite being minutes away from the Tower I never got myself down there and saw the poppies. Our company were even volunteers putting them in and removing them.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those things though, I do things like that all the time and always regret not going. You keep putting it off and telling yourself that you'll get round to it then before you know it, its to late. I'm trying my best to change that though and am living for the moment more, let's hope it lasts x x x

      Delete
  2. Hi I am blogcrashing onto your blog via Kate at Just Pootling. I had to leave you a comment when I saw your sewing machine. This is the exact model that I was taught on at school some 40 years ago. Sad to say I didn't keep up with using a sewing machine but when I saw it, it bought back lots of happy memories of my poor teacher trying to teach us how to use a sewing machine. I wouldn't mind but I come from a long line of seamstresses and lived with two sewing machines in permanent residence for the first 10 years of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Thank you for popping over. I absolutely adore this sewing machine. I've tried using it but it's not easy working the machine by hand and guiding the fabric through at the same time, I think I'm to used to using an electric machine. It does look rather pretty sitting on my dresser though so I'm happy.
      You should get yourself a machine, I'm sure you'd pick up from where you left off x x x

      Delete
    2. Ah bless you for having such faith in my sadly lacking skill but you never know maybe one day. I like to cross stitch too I can handle a sewing needle.

      Delete
    3. I love cross stitch. I would say it is my favourite craft. It is just a shame that it can take so long, especially when working on larger projects x x

      Delete
  3. These are a nice bunch of posts! I loved your stained glass one!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie. It seems crazy to think I have been blogging for all this time, where do the years go? x x x

      Delete