Wednesday 22 July 2015

A Country Stroll

On Sunday we decided to make the most of the good weather, threw on our walking boots and set out for a stroll.


We really don't do this as often as we should.  


I'm to blame for this though.  


I tend to get a little bored after a while.


So long as I have things to look at along the way I'm fine.


I quite fancied bringing one of these beauties home with us, especially one of the ones with the speckled faces.


Instead we just kept walking, discovering the delights of a new footpath, another one to cross off the list.


~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I have just about discovered all the walks around our village with one or the other of the dogs so I'm planning on starting to go further a field and finding pastures new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I love the most, finding new little places and discovering what treasures are in store. Although walking the familiar paths at different times of the year also throws up the un-expected at times x x x

      Delete
  2. Great pictures. I would have stolen one of those sheep too. :) They remind me so much of the ones that were on my grandparents' farm when I was little. Maybe one day will each own a few of our own!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tempting. As you say though hopefully one day we will both have some of our own, although it would make all those grand holidays a bit trickier to manage ;) x x x

      Delete
  3. Hi Gem,this looks a delightful walk with lots to see. I do love an Essex countryside walk. By the way, the flower festival was amazing!!! One of the arrangers exhibits at the Chelsea Flower show- very imaginative!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is all pretty7 much within the grounds of Writtle college. Our little place near enough backs onto one of their campuses. We walked from our house to Hylands Park, only took about 50 minutes x x x

      Delete
  4. I love spending my Sundays going on country walks and discovering new places :)
    Love your pictures!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. We don't do it nearly as much as we should but it is always good when we do venture out x x

      Delete