Tuesday 29 April 2014

Easter at Freshwinds

I can't believe that Easter has been and gone.  Where is this year going?  It is flying by.  Me and James went away fro the Easter weekend.  Nothing fancy, just a weekend camping at our usual spot at Freshwinds campsite in Pett near Hastings.  If your close to the east coast and ever fancy a camping trip I cannot recommend this place enough.  It was our sixth time there, surely that says enough.



The first thing we did as soon as we had arrived was to pop along to the main farm and the garden.  I was pleased we did as we bumped into Jen & Steve and Jen's sister Paula.  I'm a big fan of Jen's blog and love being able to see all that is going on in the Freshwinds garden while we are not there, so it was lovely to have a little chat before we headed off to the camping field to set up our home for the next 2 days.




It was a very chilled weekend.  I spent a lot of time working on a cross stitch project and reading, it was very relaxing.  We spent Saturday morning helping Anne and her Dad out in the garden putting up a new poly-tunnel that they had recently bought.  Once that was done there was time for a quick cuppa before the cows and their calves were being let out of the barn and into the fields for the first time this year.  It was great fun being able to help with this, especially as I managed to miss it last year.


It is much a home away from home.  I love the farming way of life, the early mornings would be a struggle for me but I'm sure I'd get used to it.  So for now this is the closest I get to proper farming.  We will be back again in July, which will be here before we know it, the rate time is whizzing by at the moment.  So until then I shall just have to carry on reading Jen's blog to get my Freshwinds fix.

Love Gem x x x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your mentions and comments. I`m sorry it was so cold for you. I love your tent. Unfortunately today we found that escaped sheep had trashed the garden. I don`t think I can bear to blog it as I am still upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Jen. It was a bit on the chilly side but the fire did a good job of warming us up :)
    Sorry to hear about the escaped sheep, it doesn't sound good. How did they get in? Was it through the gate by the little house? x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No they trampled down the fence just above the little house. We are having a break from it all anyway, as we are off to Tuscany on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete