Monday 21 April 2014

Creative Stitches Show

The other week I ventured out to the Excel Centre in East London along with a friend to the Creative Stitches & Hobbycraft show.  I've not been to a craft show for quite a while, in an attempt to save money and use up my craft stash.  I was excited to get to this one to top up my craft supplies and hopefully get some bits for the wedding, I'd begun to get withdrawal symptoms from those large halls filled with crafting supplies.  It didn't disappoint.



The show was organised by ICHF I visited one of their shows a couple of years ago at Bluewater.  I've been really impressed with their shows.  They are on a smaller scale to the shows you get at Olympia or Alexandra Palace but you still get the same selection of stalls.  Because it is smaller you find that your not seeing the same things over and over again.


My favourite part of these events are the displays, in particular the knitted ones.  There have been a fair few in the past, a knitted village a knitted garden, well this time it was knitted story books, absolutely incredible.  I dread to think how many hours would have been put into creating all of this.  It is something I would love to be a part of in the future, definitely something to look into.



I was very restrained and didn't buy all that much, and what I did buy was what I had planned on getting and that is fabric to make some bunting for wedding decorations.


And I couldn't resist the pretty ribbon, it would have been rude not to have bought it.  I've bought from the Ribbon Box before, such beautiful ribbons.



So that should get my creative juices flowing for a little longer, well until the next craft show.

Love Gem x x x x

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that knitted storybook is amazing - so detailed! Love the fabric you have chosen. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric choices :-)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to working with them. It always seems such a shame to have to cut it all up though, but needs must :) x x x

      Delete
  3. Looks fab. Looking forward to moving back to the UK so we can visit fairs and know what is actually going on.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good morning out that's for sure.
      Your moving back to the UK :) Brilliant news x x x

      Delete