Tuesday 24 May 2011

Virtual Coffe: I'm Me

If I were really meeting you for coffee today I would have this to say.

I may not have a big beautiful country cottage of my own, surrounded by big open fields of beauty, with wisteria growing out the front and a pretty front porch where I can sit and admire the views.  A great big open fire where I can sit curled up on the sofa with a bowl of sweet popcorn, wrapped in a warm and cosy blanket watching DVDs on cold winter evenings.


I may not have a gorgeous scented garden full of pretty flowers with a wrought iron table and chairs where I can sit for hours lost in a book, feeling the soft grass between my toes or entertaining friends with tea party's in the garden in the lovely summer heat.


I may not be the best cook in the world or a good cook at all really, and may not be able to cook for big dinner party's in my extra large dining room.


I may not live around the corner to the picturesque country pub, where James can spend his afternoons having a pint with the locals - possibly even drinking beer he has brewed himself (he is a brewer for those of you who didn't know).


I may not be the owner of the black Porsche Carrera that I have wanted for an age.

I may not have my own business with my own tearoom,with a gift shop and florist attached selling all my handmade goods.

I may not be able to afford luxury holidays at the click of a finger where I can whisk off for short or long breaks away.


I may not have a lot of things but I am still me and I do have a lot.

I have my dreams, a lot of them.


I have my family and a boyfriend who I love and know that they all love me in return.

I have a roof over my head.  it may not be mine but it is still home.



This is a lot more then what other people may have.  So for now I will continue to dream, and count my blessings for what I have got in my life.

Love Gem xxx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Gem. You are a girl after my own heart : )

    We can always dream but be thankful for the things we have already!

    Love Gemma xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous said...I LOVE this post GemStar and I love you too :) xx

    ReplyDelete