Wednesday 4 May 2011

Battle, Hastings & Rye

As you know from my post yesterday my bank holiday weekend was spent at the above places.  We camped in a Tipi at Freshwinds located in Pickham Farm in a small little village called Pett.  Like Gemma's post today I too fell in love with the area, me and James spent the whole weekend talking about how we would love to live somewhere like this.  Myself and Gemma are very similar in what we want in life, we often talk about just how similar, it is frightening.  I did chuckle when I read her post today as her and Ian's conversations seem to sound very much like mine and James'. 
Of course we walked along the seafront, had a quick (OK maybe not so quick) go in the arcades (it had to be done), a game of crazy golf, a race in the go-karts, a ride on the ghost train and a trip up the side of the cliff in the cable car thingy.  The view from up there was lovely.



I loved the old town in Hastings, with all the antique shops and boutiques and emporiums, I could have spent a fortune, I think I did quite well considering.  I will be sharing my newest purchases with you very soon.  We wandered around the streets for hours popping in and out of shops and having a real good nose around, it was lovely.

We also spent time in Battle exploring all that there was to see, it was lovely.  I really enjoyed our look around the Yesterday's World Museum.  I love hearing about what life was like for people years ago, especially hearing about what life would have been like in my grandparents era growing up.  That is one of the many things I really miss about my Grandad, hearing all his stories of life growing up, it is funny so many people get frustrated about hearing stories being told over and over, but I could have sat listening to him going on about his life for hours and still not get bored, it always used to fascinate me.



A walk through the Abbey was a must.



We will most definitely be going back again.  I loved it.  It was nice for me to hear all of James' childhood memories and stories of holidays spent here with his family and re-living some of those moments was magical, it really was quite something. 

Who knows, maybe one day we will be able to take our own children there to create even more memories to treasure.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Awww Gem! You've put a huge smile on my face!!

    It sounds/looks beautiful there. I'm yet to have my first camping trip but camping in a Tipi sounds really cool...am I lame for not camping?! lol

    I love making memories! You will always remember your trip : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep tempting myself with a trip to Hastings I have to say!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete