Wednesday 22 November 2017

Clay Pigeon Shooting

You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl.

For quite a while now I have fancied trying clay pigeon shooting, and it was because of this that I decided to add it to my list of 40 before 40.  If it is one thing that I learnt from my 30 before 30 list it was that by having it, I was encouraged to get the things on it done. 


I knew I wouldn't find this easy.  Give me a still target and an air rifle, I'm fine.  Change that to a moving target and a shot gun you have a completely different story.


I was pretty impressed with myself that I actually managed to hit some of the clays, but I missed a lot more than I hit. 


I had only opted for 30 clays which I was thankful for.  My shoulder was a bit on the achy side after just a few shots, and I was finding that the gun I was using was really kicking back.  That said, it was well worth the achiness and the bruising I was left with over the next few days. 

It felt great being out in the open.  It felt as though I was returning back home again and reminded me just how much I miss living in the countryside.  Definitely a Sunday morning well spent and something to cross off the list.

~ Gem x 

No comments:

Post a Comment