Monday 20 November 2017

Chunky Knit Blanket

I cannot tell you how long I have adored chunky knit blankets.  I have thought so many times about making one but had always assumed they would take me ages to make, especially as I get distracted so easily and it ends up taking me forever to finish anything.  However on spotting a workshop local to home I decided to sign up and make myself my very own chunky knit blanket.


The excitement of the workshop didn't end there though, oh no.  We were going to be arm knitting, something I didn't discover until we arrived on site and may I add, something I have also wanted to try my hand at for ages (although maybe that should be try my arm at, No? OK, fair enough, that was pretty bad). 


We were using 2kg balls of acrylic wool that feel ridiculously soft, and it is machine washable which is even more of a result.  Within 15 minutes it was already beginning to take shape.  By this point I was kicking myself as to why I had waited so long to make one, it was super easy and so quick.


I had made my blanket in less than 2 hours, that included a break for tea and cake, a very important staple when creating something I'm sure you would all agree.  I was honestly amazed by how quickly I was able to create this, and it is so cosy to sit under, perfect for the cold winter weather that has now arrived. 


The trouble I now have is that I want to make one in every colour possible.  Let' face it, you can never have too many blankets, but I do fear they wouldn't all get used and that would just be sad.

Definitely a couple of hours well spent.  And I am sure this will not be the last one of these blankets that I make.

~ Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment