Friday 3 June 2016

National Trust's Osterley Park

I made the most of my bank holiday Monday this past week by taking my Nan out for the afternoon.  We visited Osterley Park and House, a National Trust property in Isleworth, London



The weather wasn't fantastic but it didn't dampen the spirits.  We decided to check out the gardens to begin with (after tea and cake of course).  If there is one thing I can say about National Trust properties, it is that they know how to maintain incredible gardens.  It was stunning.  The colours were incredible, they seemed to jump out from all over the place.



I dream of one day owning my own garden like this, complete with a flower cutting patch, vegetable garden and standard flower garden that will be left to be admired.








From the gardens we stepped inside the house.  It was huge.  Imagining what it must have been like when it was being lived in, how life must have been like.  It also makes you look at how things in life have changed.





Wandering round it was so lovely spending quality time with my Nan and talking about all sorts of things.




I was really surprised to learn that she had never visited anywhere like this before, it really shocked me.  I guess because I had been to places like this on school trips and then myself and James have visited a fair few since we have been together.  I just assumed that everyone will have been to at least one stately home.  I'm pleased now though that it is something she can say she has done.





I'm already looking forward to the next property we can visit together.


~ Gem x

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely day out for you and your nan.

    Have a great weekend

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice. Thanks Victoria x x

      Delete
  2. Aww, it's beautiful. I want to visit Osterley Park, but I usually visit something else in London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really lovely day out, worth a visit if you can squeeze it in. That's the trouble with London though, there are just so many little treasures to discover and visit x x

      Delete
  3. this place looks beautiful!! If you haven't already definitely check out Marks Hall (my wedding venue). The grounds and gardens are absolutely beautiful, especially on a nice sunny day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never visited Marks Hall, definitely somewhere to add to the list. The grounds there look incredible, your wedding photos will be stunning I'm sure x x

      Delete