Wednesday 13 May 2015

Lately

Sorry for the blogging break.  Sometimes in life there is something that needs to give, all to often it is this little space of mine right here.  I am going to try my hardest to visit more regularly though.  I have a few posts in the pipeline so watch this space.

James started a new job at the beginning of the year and as a result he works away from home quite a bit.  I've adapted pretty well although some days are much harder than others.  I've found the key is to keep myself busy.  I've talked about hosting my own craft evenings for so long now, this seems to be the perfect time to bite the bullet and do it.  I held my first one a few weeks ago.   It was lovely catching up with crafty friends and I'm already thinking about hosting my next one.


That same week I also joined the hundreds of volunteers for World Book Night.  I've wanted to do it for a fair few years now but always forget about it until it's too late to sign up, but this year I made sure I remembered.  I was giving out Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen, I loved the book, it was something quite different to what I usually read so it was a perfect choice for me to give out.  I gave some books out at work and the rest, along with some books of my own I delivered to CHESS a local homeless charity in Chelmsford.

On the subject of books, I've been trying to read a lot more recently.  Some days are better than others, more often than not I only manage to squeeze in about 20 minutes when I get into bed before my eyes become heavy and I can no longer take in the words on the page in front of me.  But I guess 20 minutes is better than nothing.  I'm currently reading Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson, I'm captivated by it already and I'm only about 30 pages or so in.  I'm also reading The Happiness project by Gretchen Rubin.  Each chapter is a focus on each month of the year so I am reading it month by month.  Another book I'm currently reading like this is The Birdwatchers Year by Richard Williamson, we get a lot of birds around our house so this is a nice one to read month to month.


I'm a bit slow off the mark here, but I've also decided to make use of the house to myself by watching the Twilight Saga after hearing so many good things about it.  The truth be known when they were first released I was never really interested, they didn't appeal to me, but now I've actually watched them, I feel as though I have missed out all this time.  Next up to watch are The Hunger Games, I've already seen the first one which I really enjoyed so now I've just got to catch up with the next two in time for the third one to be released later this year.


So this is just some of what has been going on in my world but do pop back as there is more to come this this gal right here, including a weekend spent in sunny Spain.

Love Gem x

3 comments:

  1. I love "The HAppiness Project." I read it a couple of years ago. Her second book, "Happiness at Home" is just as good. I learned a lot about sharing a home with my family and why even though it does look "perfect" in my eyes, it is "perfect for my hubby and family. Read it next, Gem, and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    I love the idea of a craft evening, it sounds like a lot of fun and great social time. I loved reading 'The Happiness Project' and definitely want to read the next installment.
    Enjoy 'The Hunger Games' I'm so looking forward to the next film coming out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there
    I love the idea of a craft evening, it sounds like a lot of fun and great social time. I loved reading 'The Happiness Project' and definitely want to read the next installment.
    Enjoy 'The Hunger Games' I'm so looking forward to the next film coming out :-)

    ReplyDelete