Friday 22 May 2015

Afternoon Tea at Orsett Hall

I did tell you that I had still been indulging in tea and cake and I wasn't lying.  A third afternoon tea has been devoured recently, this one was a couple of weeks ago.  An excuse to catch up with a good friend of mine.  This time we headed for Orsett Hall, again somewhere I'd not visited but had driven past many times before.


Heading down the driveway you felt as though you were miles away from where you actually were.  The grounds were beautiful, I would love to explore them properly sometime.  There were a couple of functions taking place so I didn't want to impose on anyone's celebration so instead headed to the garden room for our afternoon tea.


I fell in love with the wallpaper, it was gorgeous.  Very in your face, but somehow in this room, it worked.  We visited on a Sunday and although there was a couple of baby showers taking place it didn't seem overly noisy and we had a great time chatting and catching up stuffing our faces with cake,


I'm not sure if you will be able to make them out but we were served up mini pasties (the are on top of the sandwiches on the bottom tier) I've never had pasties with afternoon tea before, but my god did they taste good (you can probably see them better in the picture below).  The cake was better though but then I would say that haha.


So that is three afternoon teas in three months, not bad if I do say so myself.  Anyone have any suggestions of where I could try in June?

Love Gem x

1 comment:

  1. Three is one month! You ARE a lucky lady! Afton and I are planning tea out tomorrow. I'll have some Tea pics to show sometime next week!

    ReplyDelete