Thursday 21 May 2015

Afternoon Tea at Greenwoods

I've not done an afternoon tea post for some time, this doesn't mean that I haven't been indulging though, oh no.  There has still been plenty of tea and cake around these parts.



Greenwoods Hotel and Spa is about fifteen, twenty minutes away from where I live but before March I had never once visited, yet I had driven past it hundreds of times.  We booked up to go for my mum's birthday at the end of the March.



Why we had never been before, I'm not quite sure.  We enjoyed it that much though we booked up to go again in April for my nan's birthday.



We noticed a real difference between the 2 visits.  The first was midweek and it was so lovely and peaceful.  The portions were big and it was overall a really lovely afternoon.  The second visit was on a Saturday.  it was so much busier, the noise levels were increased massively and it was really noisy, we could barely hear each other talk.  the portions were smaller and the service wasn't as good which was a real shame.



I would visit again, although I would make sure it were mid-week.  Regardless though of the noise levels and the size of the scones, it did taste pretty good, there are certainly no complaints there.


The spa made for a relaxing evening too, worth a visit if you have a few hours to spare.


Love Gem x

3 comments:

  1. Your food trays look amazing! Scones get me every time! What kind of jam did you get? Doesn't matter, I LOVE every kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there for Afternoon tea and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would though the spa bit was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I'm the complete opposite. I really didn't think much of the spa at all. Compared to other spa's I've visited this ranks pretty low, however I did enjoy the afternoon tea x x

      Delete