Sunday 31 May 2015

Cancer Research UK's Pretty Muddy

I've never been much of an energetic girl.  Certainly not one for exercise that's for sure.  Give me a cup of tea and a slice of cake any day.  However Wednesday evening I somehow found myself signing up for Cancer Research UK's 5k Pretty Muddy event taking place NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!.  I'd looked at it before but had decided against it as it looked as though it would be too much of a challenge for little ole me.  But catching up with my sister in law and her talking about wanting to do it but not having anyone to do it with her, I stupidly volunteered.

image from Cancer Research UK's website

I'm certain we will have a really good laugh doing it, you only live once after all and if anything this kind of event, well the reason for the event is the biggest reminder of this we will ever need.  You literally never know what is around the corner.

image from Cancer Research UK's website

So many of us have been touched by cancer.  For those of you who have read my blog for many years, will know that I lost my Grandad to cancer.  I still think about him and miss him every day.  We talk about him all the time, what I would give to still have him with us today.  Five years have passed now.  People say it gets easier, I don't think it does, I just think we learn to cope with it better.  I was lucky to have known him, I know many people never get to meet their grandparents.  As he always used to say, he lived a good life, but that doesn't make it any easier, it is still hard to come to terms with.

image from Cancer Research UK's website

The work Cancer Research do is absolutely incredible, but I know you don't need me to tell you that.  By donating money and/or completing sponsored events like this we are all doing our bit to help people live longer and standing up to beating cancer.  So please, please, please sponsor me for this challenge, even if only £1 it all adds up and it will keep me going throughout this mammoth challenge in just 27 days time eeeekkkkkkk.  You can sponsor me here on my Just Giving page or you can text XOJR94 and the amount to 70070.

I really appreciate all your support.

Love Gem x x x

1 comment:

  1. Im sure you will love it! You'll be sore and dirty after, but the fun you have will outshine the mess! Good luck!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete