Sunday 16 March 2014

Blooming Felt

I spent a good part of my afternoon yesterday at Blooming Felt's shedquarters.  They were having an open day and it would have been rude not to have dropped in.  Do you want a look round?

 
I love the colours in here, they really pop out at you.


From the bright pink carpet, which feels oh so soft underfoot.


To the choices of felt that adorn the rows upon rows of shelves.


And if that wasn't enough, check out the felt ball rug. 


It's like a giant jazzie.


I just love this thing.


Anything felt related can be bought from here.  From the wool to make the felt yourself, to sheets of felt, or needle felted shapes (balls, hearts & stars)


Ready made I-pad covers, lovely and soft.  And displayed on a pretty button rug.


And it's not just felt related products that you can buy, oh no.  There are ribbons galore.


Zips, very pretty lacy zips to be precise.


And all other kinds of crafty related products.  It really is a crafter's haven.


You can even buy a signed copy of their very own book Felt Fantastic.


If you fancied to pay Sarah a visit yourself, the shop is located near Chelmsford in Essex and is open on Friday mornings.  If it's a bit too far for you to travel or you can't make Friday mornings fear not, they have a fab website www.bloomingfelt.com where you can place your orders online and they will be picked up right here in shedquarters.


And of course I couldn't leave without buying anything.


I made a few little purchases for a spot of wedding crafting.


How cute are these little needle felted hearts?  They are gorgeous.


You can often find Blooming felt at many of the London craft shows, one to look out for very soon is Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Fair at Hampton Court Palace this September.  But why wait till then, pop over to their website now.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Love Gem x x x x

5 comments:

  1. Those lace zips look so cute! Never seen anything like that before : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived near a shop like this. I would spend a lot of money. I will try their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if there is anything from their website you would like me to pick up for you and bring with me at Easter I would be more than happy. But they do send deliveries out in the post :) x x x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow ! Thanks so much for the lovely write-up :o) It was lovely to see you - we're so pleased you had a nice time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sarah, it was my pleasure. It is nice for everyone to be able to see what a delightful shop you have x x x

      Delete