Thursday 3 November 2011

Spreading A Little Love

A while ago I came across a blog post that really got me thinking.  It is about peoples reactions to anonymous kind gestures, I guess another way of looking at it and one that crossed my mind initially is acts of kindness, just not just the usual politeness or offering up a seat etc.  It was more leaving a letter for a stranger somewhere.  

I wanted to join it too, and so I did.  I had recently finished a book I had been reading and decided to leave it for someone else to enjoy.  I thought for a while about where I could leave it and really there was no bench I would have rather have left it on than my Grandad's. 


I left a little note with the book, 'To whom it may concern,  Please take me home, read and enjoy, then pass me on (in the same way).  If this is not your kind of book then please leave for someone else.  Have a great day.'

I got such a great feeling from this and will definitely be leaving more books on park benches.  Go give it a go, spread a little bit of love.

~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I'd love to come across a book this way :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i know what top do with my finished books - though some i could never part with!! brilliantx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! A friend of mine was a member of a church and they used to go and do random acts of kindness for strangers on the 1st Sunday of every month instead of the regular church service- they left a certain amount of money at the pay register in a restaurant so people's Sunday dinners were paid for anonymously, they left pencil cases with stationery outside houses in a deprived council estate, cleaned people's cars. I thought this was a wondeful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet! : )

    Hope you are well Gem!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo trying this. In our college town this would be perfect...now to find a book :-)

    ReplyDelete