Tuesday 24 July 2018

Visiting David Austin Rose Garden

When it comes to roses, David Austin are up there at the top.  I'm always amazed by their huge variety of roses, the colours, the scents, all so beautiful.  It's almost impossible to pick a favourite.  Last month I made the drive up to Worcestershire to explore their gardens and I was blown away.


At times it was difficult to know where to look.  There was so much beauty around every corner and the smell from the moment I stepped ono the footpath leading into the  gift shop can honestly not be described.  It was incredible.



I took so many photos.  Who knew you could take so many photos of rose bushes.



While there I was able to enjoy one of their delicious afternoon tea's on the cutest dinner sets.  The restaurant was gorgeous, I loved the décor and all the exposed beams.  The staff were really lovely and friendly too, it was just a shame that the service was ridiculously slow.




After lunch there wasn't all that long left to explore as they were soon to be closing, which was a real shame as I could have wandered round for a lot longer.  There was time for a few last photos before the long drive back home to Essex.



In hindsight I should have booked a hotel and stayed up there for the night, however I just look at this as an excuse to return someday, especially as the garden entrance is free.

~ Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment