Thursday 5 July 2018

A Stronger Me

Two years ago today, my life changed forever.  My world fell apart and there was nothing I could do about it.  Still to this day I cannot express to you how it truly made me feel, but I do know that it broke me and I felt as though I had lost everything.  The person who I loved with everything I had and trusted with my life had betrayed me in a way I didn't even think was possible and the feeling of hurt and betrayal will never leave me.  Even two years on I still cry about it from time to time and I often wonder what my life would be like if things were different.  But the truth is, I will never know.  


In the past two years I have learnt more about myself than I ever thought I would.  I've become a stronger, more independent and adventurous version of myself.  I have grown to love and value myself more than I ever have done before.  I have pushed myself to do more, to say yes to opportunities and to try new things.  I have found myself, and I've no doubt I still have more about myself to discover.

It has been a challenging couple of years that hasn't been without it's hitches, but I have battled them head on as best as I can.  I miss my old life and wish that I had never had to experience the pain and upheaval I've had to go through, but it is what it is and in all honesty I wouldn't have done half of the things I have if things had of stayed the same.


I have amazed myself of my strength and determination to get through it all and I feel so proud of myself for how far I have come.  My story isn't over yet.  I may not know exactly what direction I am headed just yet but I will find my way.

Everything happens for a reason, you may not know what the reason is but embrace it anyway.  I am living proof that you can and will get through it, you just have to have the belief in yourself that things will improve in time and that there is a life out there that is worth living.

~ Gem x

11 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to hear you are doing so well and have become a stronger person. Wishing you every happiness as you move into a new phases of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️ so proud of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my consultants (work colleague) once told me to feel guilty or have regrets is a wasted emotion, you can't go back and change anything you can only learn from the experience and move on and do you know he was right. I used worry about every little thing especially when it came to my children but these days I take a much more laid back approach. Yes it's been a rough time for you and probably an experience you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy but look at the stronger person you are today and you should be very proud of yourself for getting through to the other side. I'm sure one day you will meet someone who will not behave in the manner that your ex husband has done. I got divorced 20 years ago after being separated for 5 years. I have been with my partner for 18 years this year and we have a teenage son who is half brother to my older three not that they ever include the half he's there brother plain and simple. We've talked about getting married over the years but do know what I don't need that piece of paper just his promise to always be honest with me and if the relationship is no longer working to be brave enough to say so.

    You're doing great Gem don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am Agnes from The Netherlands and I’ve been following you for a while. It’s nice to here from you again on your blog. And even better to hear how you are doing! Keep your head up!
    Nice pictures of you. Hope to read more about you and things you do. I always read your blog.

    (I hope I didn’t make any stupid mistakes in my english��)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and your support Agnes. The English is perfect xx

      Delete
  5. I am glad that you are feeling positive about life. You have done incredibly well to have got through what you have gone through. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some weird reason, this has popped up in my email inbox as a new post. I'm hoping you are well and that life is going happily and contentedly for you x

    ReplyDelete