Friday 18 August 2017

A Riverside Walk

It's been a little while now since I last went on a long walk.  Thankfully the recent good weather we've been having here in Essex gave the perfect excuse to get out and change that.  I walked a path I'd never walked before, through Chelmsford along the river and up to Sandford Mill.  It was good to see parts of Chelmsford that I've never seen before, which seems crazy seeing as I have lived in Chelmsford for my entire life.  


I have to say, I loved it.  Walking along the river you are treated to the best of both worlds.  The country views across open fields but also the river along side you with the occasional lock (my favourite bits from the walk).  It could have been better had the weather been a little cooler however I am not going to complain about hot weather after the cooler temperatures we've been having over the past few weeks.  It felt good to experience temperatures that we would expect during summer.   



Seeing the blackberries and elderberries in the hedgerows reminded me that autumn is just around the corner.  This fills me with a lot of joy, it's my favourite season but I'm planning on clinging to the last of the summer months for now and finishing off with a cold drink in a beer garden closer to home was the perfect summer activity to enjoy.  


~ Gem x

2 comments: