Friday 7 April 2017

Paycocke's House & Garden

How I have never visited this place before I will never know.  Coggeshall is absolutely beautiful, I fell in love with it's charm for sure.


For a couple of years now I had come across Paycocke's House online when looking for new places to visit but had never followed through with it and I'll be honest I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not having gone.  It is gorgeous.


It amazed me how different the building was from the front compared to the back, it is literally like two completely different buildings. 


The thing I love most about a National Trust property though is usually the exterior and the garden, this place was no different.  I'm hoping to return later in the year to see the garden when it's displaying all it's pretty flowers.


The house wasn't huge, but there were still plenty of things that caught my eye inside.





And I finally got that cream tea I had been waiting for.


It feels so good to be getting out and seeing places, especially exploring more of what my own county has to offer but then I guess that is always the way, we often ignore what is right on our own doorsteps.


~ Gem x



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful building! It looks like a really great day out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, I'm so glad we visited x x

      Delete