Friday 14 October 2016

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch

After visiting Foxes Farm Produce Pumpkin Patch last year I just knew that I would be returning again this year and had been looking forward to it for some time.


This year I visited their site in Basildon, Essex and was so impressed by the size of the place and how much it had developed from last years venture.  The place was buzzing with visitors too, but due to the grand scale of the site it didn't feel at all busy.  It was so great to see an independent family run businesses thriving. 


Growing up in the UK, Halloween has never been very widely celebrated, it is a very American holiday.  I'm so pleased to see it slowly getting bigger here in England.  Especially ventures like this as it is something for everyone to enjoy regardless of whether you have children or not. 


Being able to wander the fields, picking the perfect pumpkin and getting yourself some fresh air at the same time, is my idea of fun.


I could have spent hours wandering around, snapping at the different varieties of pumpkins and gourds.  The colours are just perfect for this time of year.


So if you're close to Essex and have a spare morning or afternoon and are looking for something a little different to do this Autumn, head down to the pumpkin patch.  They have two sites, one in Basildon and one in Colchester.  I know I'm already hoping to get back there with a friend before the season is out.


~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. I'm heading here on Wednesday, well the one at Colchester and can't wait!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great time, I've not been to the Colchester one before x x

      Delete