Monday 7 September 2015

Sunflowers

Well, I did say that I wanted to photograph sunflowers in a field this month and photograph them I have.


They are just such happy lowers, so bright and cheerful.  Isn't it funny how flowers can give off a feeling.


Just down the road from where we live there are sunflowers grown on the edge of a farmers field that are then sold to the public.  It is such a pretty sight to come home to each evening.  I've been meaning to stop to get some photos for weeks and weeks now and never seem to have the time, and when i do it has been pouring down.  


So by adding it to my list I knew I would make the time to do it before it was too late and they are all cut down.  As it is they have already chopped a load of them down.


These were taken at around 7:45 the other evening so the light isn't fantastic but I kind of like how the clouds look behind them.  


At some points there are literally sunflowers for as far as the eye can see.  It really is a pretty sight. 


I could have stayed there for hours just drinking them all in.

~ Gem x

3 comments:

  1. Sunflowers are one of my favourites. We too usually have fields of them near to us here in the Fens but I think I have left it too late this year as we drove past the usual fields this weekend and they were empty. Will have to wait until next year now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such happy flowers. They have cut a lot of them in the field down, but there are still loads still standing x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! We saw fields like this while travelling through Italy. They grow them not for pretty décor but for their oil. It's kind of a shame that they are mowed down for cooking oil, but at least we can enjoy them while the bask in the sun in the fields.

    ReplyDelete