Friday 11 September 2015

September So Far

I'm off to a good start with my goals so far this month with near enough all of them crossed off.  I've already updated you on my sunflower photos taken in a field.  So here's a little update with what else has been going on.


With the darker evenings rolling in and mornings starting off misty, Autumn is definitely kicking in and I've been embracing it.

I've found myself a new local yoga class at our wedding reception venue.  I've been to two classes already and I'm loving it.


We're lucky to have lots of different trees where we live, one being an elder tree so I'm happy to say that I have picked elderberries.  I plan to put them into a crumble, I'll keep you posted.



And finally I have started a new book.  The first of my 6 books in a year challenge.


A couple more things to cross off but I'm confident I'll manage it, there's still a good couple of weeks of September left.

~ Gem x

4 comments:

  1. Oh Elderberries! We had a tree in the backyard of the first house we lived in when I was young. Mom never wasted anything so we'd have pies, jam and crumbles made from them. One of the women I teach with has a big tree, too, and I must remember to ask her for some fruit. I'd love to enjoy them again this year. Cheers, Gem!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely being able to make things from food foraged from the garden or the great outdoors in general really. I hope you manage to get your hands on some x x x

      Delete
  2. I've never thought of putting Elderberries in a crumble may have to give it a try. Glad you're enjoying your yoga class. I'd like to give it ago but leaving the house at 7am and not getting home until 7pm restricts what I can do of an evening. May be when I retire I'll add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work really well, not sure they would be any good just on their own but with blackberries or apples it tastes really good.
      I'm lucky that this one is not until 8:15 in the evening, but I know what you mean, a lot of the ones I'd looked into before were all on during the day x x x

      Delete