Thursday 19 February 2015

Time for Tea

For someone who never ever used to drink tea, I now drink quite a bit.

I try to be a little adventurous too and will happily try a fruit tea or two.

I've always wanted to visit the Twinings Flagship store in London and Saturday gave me that perfect opportunity.

One thing I will say is that if you are not specifically looking for the shop then it can be easily missed, it is only a small shop front but what a grand shop front it is.


I loved the tiled floor just outside the door, very posh.  I wonder how old it is?


The smell inside was just divine.  And the choice of all the different types of tea was incredible.


I made a couple of purchases but had to restrain myself from making many more.  A box of Vanilla tea and a box of Liquorice tea for my Mum. (How amazing are their bags, I love their illustrations)


We got there very late in the day (not long before closing) so had we of been there earlier I probably would have sampled some of the teas and in which case would have ended up paying out a lot more money but in all honestly its an excuse to go back again in my eyes.  They had a couple of chocolate teas, now that is definitely something I need to try.


I'm always open to trying something new so if you have a favourite I'd love to hear about it.

~ Gem x 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge tea fan, my current favourites are from Whittards, Vanilla, Camomile & Honey and Praline truffle (which tastes of chocolate) which is my treat tea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate tea? Sounds yummy to me. This place is on our "possible" list for our time in London. But I have a feeling Afton might be a bit "tea-ed" out within the first 48 hours!!

    ReplyDelete