Sunday 28 July 2013

A Floral Catch Up

I have now finished my floristry course at Writtle College.  The course I completed was the College Certificate in Floristry. 



I could go on next year to the intermediate level but with the new home and new ventures I would like to take on, I have decided not to return.



I have really enjoyed the course and have learnt a lot over the year and will take with me all that I have learnt. 


I've even been trying a bit of floristry at home after seeing one of the other classes working on something.


I started with 15 roses, I ended up with this Carmen Rose.  I was so chuffed with how it turned out.


I love flowers.  Nothing more says home to me than flowers.  You can say so much with flowers.  They really can brighten up any space.

 
 
Aside form the flower creations I brought home from college, myself and James have been filling our home with many other flowers over the past few months.


In fact since moving in at the beginning of February there have only been a few weeks that the home has been without flowers, something I'd like to continue throughout our time here, we shall see :)


Love Gem x x x x

2 comments:

  1. You've made some wonderful displays Gem. I'm pretty naff when it comes to floral displays. I just chuck them in a vase and hope for the best lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been lovely hearing about your course. The carmen rose is amazing!

    Gemma xXx

    ReplyDelete