Tuesday 2 April 2013

Wildlife

One of the things I love about our new home is the amount of wildlife we can see just by watching out the window.


I got pretty excited when I saw this woodpecker.  He has stopped by a few times now.  A true sign that spring is on it's way.  There has also been a green woodpecker too but I haven't had my camera to hand.


The geese are often around.  I've only seen the swan this once.  I'm glad I got a photo.


To think I am only a ten minute drive away from where I lived previously, the difference in the wildlife is crazy.


There is always something to be looking at, come rain or shine, wind or snow.


The robin and blue tits, and also great tits, are regular visitors and are around most of the time.


The bird feeders are always topped up, there is always a visitor at this garden restaurant.


The best spot so far though has to of been the barn owl.  He is a regular visitor but hasn't settled close enough for me to get a good photo yet.


We get a lot of hares and rabbits too in the field to the back of the house.  They move so quick though so it is impossible to get a good photo of these.   


I've become a right curtain twitcher watching all the birds haha, what a saddo!

Love Gem x x x x

3 comments:

  1. How fantastic, one to live in the countryside and two to appreciate it as much as you do, you're definitely not a saddo Gem enjoy your lovely little corner of the world xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we live out in the sticks and have many of the visitors you have but really can't beat your pics! I hear the Woodpeckers but have only spotted one twice, from a distance, same with the Owls too! I'd never get the photo opportunity you have there, they just don't get close enough and I simply don't possess the camera skills, I'm very impressed. What a wonderful place to live X

    ReplyDelete