Thursday 4 April 2013

The Main Bedroom

One of the rooms I didn't show you in the house tour was the main bedroom.


Like every other room the view does not disappoint.  The good thing about this room is the fact that we get 2 different views.


I had said in my previous house tour post that I would do a separate post about all my charity shop and second hand buys.  The truth is there are just so many so I thought I'd make a start in this post.  We are lucky to have a community furniture charity shop in Chelmsford.  I have spent a lot of time and bought a lot of pieces from there.  


I picked up the 2 bedside tables with 2 matching chest of drawers from the community furniture shop (they have had a lot of my money over the past couple of months, I have become a regular in there, we are even on first name terms now :s haha) These weren't that cheap at £90 but then again that isn't too bad for all 4 pieces.


My favourite buys, without a doubt have to be the wardrobes.  The one on the left was £25, the one on the right £35, again both from the community furniture shop (See, I told you I had spent a lot of time in there, it is like an Aladdin's cave of furniture, with so many lovely pieces and new pieces coming in every day, at times I could literally buy the whole shop).  You can also see the second chest of drawers there.  I'm wanting to get a nice table top mirror and a pretty tray that I can use to put some pretty glass dishes and bottles on.  There isn't the space in this room for a dressing table but I am happy to make do.

~ Gem x

8 comments:

  1. The wardrobes are gorgeous... how do you find them size wise? I know some vintage wardrobes are thinner so normal coat hangers have to sit on a slant to fit in.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great furniture finds! Those wardrobes are awesome. I love that they are similar but different. The bedding is gorgeous too. Cath??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have found some great furniture there! I wish we had a place like that around here. Thank you for sharing with us : )

    Gemma x

    P.s - I love your bedding/quilt. Is it Cath K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no wonder you love the wardrobes best - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your buys are great Gem, whereabouts is this shop? I can feel a visit coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wardrobe are lovely. We have that type and I would not go back to modern ones again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant finds! I would definitely buy the chair from you if we lived closer, I've been after one just like it. Your home is getting lovelier by the second!X

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely. I do enjoy being nosey on your blog. :) xx

    ReplyDelete