Wednesday 9 January 2013

What's New For 2013

I get the feeling 2013 is going to be a good year.  I don't normally get that feeling, but this year I know is going to be different.  I can't really say much more at the moment but as soon as I can, I will, I promise.


So what else is new?  Well I've joined Twitter.  Actually I joined months ago but wasn't using it.  I haven't used it that much but I have started.  I don't know how I feel about it at the moment.  I'll be honest it's no Instagram, now that is something I am still in love with.  I'm addicted.  But anyway back to Twitter, if you want to follow me you can do so @GemStarCreation.


I'm hoping 2013 will be the year that I finally pull my finger out and start selling some of my crafts.  I have already taken my first order for an advent calendar, very excited about that.  I've been working on lots of little cross stitch projects and hope to turn some of these into cards and I have lots of other ideas floating about in my mind of various other craft projects I'd like to give a try.


I'm also going to try and hand-make a lot more of my gifts this year.  It is something I have said about doing for a while now but have never really mastered.  Well I'm off to a good start.  The photos on this post are what I gave to a friend earlier this week for her birthday.  I was so pleased to see how happy she was when opening them, she loved her gifts and I loved making them and giving them to her.  I know I always love receiving hand made gifts and it surprised me how much I enjoyed giving handmade gifts too :)  Something I hope to continue throughout 2013.


I hope you have all had a good start to 2013 and here's hoping the rest of the year is a good one.

Love Gem x x x x 

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you joined Twitter! I am your newest follower. I am on Twitter also but never tweet. I just love reading everyone elses. If you know of anyone interesting to follow let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just off to follow you, I've been on twitter for ages, but only just started to use it. It will certainly help to get your name and crafty stuff in front of people.
    Joy (Joyknitt on Twitter) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bicycle bunting?? Oh - how cute is that!! I'm treating myself to a new bike this spring- I'll have to remember this crafty idea to decorate its basket. Thanks, Gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bunting-oh my gosh it is so sweet, its like Pixie bunting! I love the sweet little mix too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you Gem, your bunting looks great and I'm so glad to hear you are going to start sell your makes, I hope 2013 is a good year for you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!! you have been gone from the blogging world too long!!! I am patiently awaiting a new post! lol

    ReplyDelete