Saturday 5 January 2013

My Christmas & New Year's Eve

It seems like ages ago now, well Christmas was 2 weeks ago, my god how time flies.  Christmas was a quiet ordeal for me this year.  The day itself spent with family and loved ones.  I was pretty spoilt, and got some lovely presents.

This was one of my Secret Santa gifts from Gemma at Musings of a Gem, I love it, and the fact that it is home-made is even better.


 And from a good friend of mine I got these cute tea cup and saucers and this adorable sign which will be hung up next year for sure.


These were just a few of the gifts I received, along with some money and vouchers.  I wasn't lying when I said I was spoilt.

The time between Christmas and New Year was spent relaxing and generally doing nothing.  If I'm honest it was lovely, although it went way too quickly.  I was lucky enough not to have to go into work in-between, it was so nice having all that time to myself.

The bridge was up, not very often you get to see that.

We see in the New Year in London on the Embankment.


We walked along the river from Tower Bridge to find our spot for the evening.  It was a lovely walk, a lot of the bridges were illuminated by coloured lights, and I'm always up for seeing the sites of London.


It was ridiculously busy which we expected, I doubt we would attempt it again in a hurry.


Although the fireworks were amazing so it was well worth it, even if at times they were clouded by smoke.


The atmosphere was incredible.  It's something we have said about doing many times before so I'm glad we went and can now say we have experienced it.  


So here we are, another year.  Bring it on 2013.

Hope you all have a very happy new year.

Love Gem x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Love your pretty christmas presents :-) I sat up and watched the fireworks in London on telly and it looked spectacular. Lucky you to have actually been there. Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend NYE! Maybe one year I,all be in London and get to see the fireworks,too! Happy 2013, Gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to see the New Year in London - never managed it yet though.

    Happy New Year!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year Gem! I'm glad you liked your pressie : )

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Christmas and New Year - bodes well for 2013, which I'm sure is going to be wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year gem! I really want to experience Londons new year and new year at time square ny!! I'm loving doing the kindness thing. Paying someone's toll behind me is on my list too!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Gem! Hope you had a fantastic Christmas! Can't wait to meet up soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and your family Gem. We watched the fireworks on tv; they looked spectacular - I wish we had thought of going. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete