Thursday 24 January 2013

An Evening With The Stars.

Things have been a little quiet around here recently.  I do have a good reason for it though, I have been a little preoccupied and I will be able to reveal more very soon I promise.  Hopefully once all is revealed I will be back to blogging a lot more regularly.  But until then I thought I would finally get round to blogging about something that has been sitting in my drafts for almost 2 weeks :s

Last weekend A couple of weekends ago, myself and James headed over to Greenwich to the Royal Observatory.  One of the presents I bought James for Christmas was An Evening with the Stars, an event held regularly at the observatory.  Of course I couldn't of just bought a ticket for him so I got one for myself too :)

That green beam you can see there is the meridian line.

The weather had been looking pretty good all day so we were hoping for a clear night with plenty of stars.  Unfortunately that wasn't quite how it turned out and by the time we got there it was overcast and drizzly.


Still the view across London was as ever a good one.  I just love this view.


The event still went ahead although we didn't get to use the huge telescope there (it has a 28inch lens) and instead learnt about the history of it (not quite the same but interesting none the least)  There was also a show in the planetarium there which was amazing, I love those kind of things, now that was just like laying out under the stars, beautiful.


Just so you can appreciate the size of this thing, check out this next photo with the guy standing next to it.

It literally is huge.

So although we had planned an evening with the stars, we ended up with an evening with telescopes.  The planetarium there was amazing though, without a doubt the highlight of the evening.

So all that there is to do now is book up to go again and hope for a clear night :)

Love Gem x x x x

1 comment: