Sunday 14 October 2012

Manchester & The Sugar Junction Tea Room

Last Friday me and James took the train up to Manchester.  He was going for work, his beer was going to be at a show up there.  I'd never been to Manchester before so decided to go along for a little adventure.





At times as we were wandering the streets I felt as though I was in an American city, at other times London.  It had so many similarities to other places I had visited before yet at other times it was like no other place I had visited before. 



We did a spot of window shopping at the Arndale Centre.

I love Next home ware window displays at the best of time, but Christmas well that just takes it to a whole new level :)

And wandered round the grounds of the Cathedral.


We even spotted a gold post box.  I've not seen one of these yet so was pretty pleased to come across one, however thought it would have been nice to have had some kind of plaque to indicate who it had been painted gold for and what event they had won gold in, but that's just my thoughts on it.


Our evening was spent at the Victoria Baths.  It is an amazing venue to hold an event, although slightly creepy.  It's an old leisure centre, and the beer festival and seminars were held in the empty swimming pools, it did feel a little odd.  All around the outside of the pools stood the original changing rooms / cubicles, it all looked very vintage.  The lighting was fairly dim so I didn't manage to get any good photos of the venue but you can check out their website if you want to take a look at it.


I even got to make my own candy floss.  As you can see I was pretty excited about this part.  Sorry about the picture being a bit grainy, this one was taken with Instagram.


On Saturday we made a visit to the Sugar Junction Tea Rooms.  I was in heaven.  It truly was an amazing place.  It was really busy so I didn't take any photos of inside the tea room but if I told you that while we were there Sue Perkins made a visit for her lunch, I'm sure you would get what an amazing place this really is.  If ever you are in Manchester you have to pay this place a visit.  It is by far the best Tea Room i have ever been too.


I loved the decor, I loved the china, I loved the cream tea, I loved the jazz style music, and the staff were fantastic.  If that doesn't say enough then honestly no words can.


After all that excitement it was time to come back home.  I enjoyed Manchester.  I don't know whether I would go back.  I kind of feel like I managed to do everything I wanted to do although no doubt I will discover something else some day, so who knows.

Love Gem x x x x

1 comment: