Tuesday 16 October 2012

Instagrannies Hit The Knit & Stitch Show

Like many bloggers I have become addicted to Instagram.  I love how quick and easy it is and how I am able to use it on the go.  Like blogging it has put me in touch with so many lovely ladies so when I see that Erin @coffee_kisses was arranging a big Instagram meet up at the Knit & Stitch Show in London on Saturday I was keen to go along so that I could meet all these wonderful people.


I'm so glad I went, I had a brilliant day and it was amazing meeting so many lovely, lovely ladies some of whom are bloggers too.  Ashley from Country Rose, Nicki from Homebird, LissyLou from Lissy Lou & The Two Little Boys, Gemma from Musings Of A Gem, Julie from Pretty Little Jewels, Cuckoo from Tales From Cuckoo Land, Sarah from Shabby Chic Sarah, Kmmms from Things Learnt The Hard Way, plus Gemma, Celeste, Kate & Dawn.  Phew I didn't think that list would ever end ha ha.  Okay so it turns out from that list that a lot of us are also bloggers!

We had to give Cuckoo's pose a try.  Rock On!

It felt so surreal, it literally was like spending a day with celebrities.

Even Gem from Treasures From The Cherry Tree was with us in spirit, well in the form of Cuckoo's trolley.  She has nicknamed it Gem as it was Gemma who had bought it for her :)  I'm just a bit gutted she wasn't there in person, I would love to meet her.

 We all had a great day and are already talking about another meet up.  Personally I can't wait.  The one down side of the day was that we didn't get much time to talk.  Hopefully the next meet up will allow more time for that.

So the show itself.  The knitted village was on display.  It seemed to have grown since the last time I saw it in March at the Stitch & Craft Show, but it is still looking rather fab.  it is very clever how it has all come together.


I also loved checking out some of the cross stitch on display at Mr X's stand.  The car door above it just amazing.  Holes had been drilled into the car door and the pattern was cross stitched in.  the same with the door below.  The words were all made up with cross stitch. 


As well as the show and obviously the great company I also loved the venue.  It was so pretty.  I've never been before.



I was mesmerised by this stained glass window.  It is beautiful.  The grounds were very pretty too, although I didn't get to see much of them so I am going to have to go back to get a proper look that's for sure.


And one last thing that can;t go without a mention are the views.  WOW.



You can literally see right across London.  It was a brilliant view.

I just want to say again thank you so much ladies for a superb day.  It was great getting to finally meet you all and may this be the first of many meet ups in the future :)

~ Gem x

P.S I did buy a few things from the show but I will share those with you another time

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you hands wonderful time I can't wait to see your goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous day out!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging by these pictures and the ones on IG, you all had a wonderful time. I'm just sorry that I didn't go. I wanted to but was brassic :(

    Oh Mr X Stitch is a bit of a legend isn't he? Did you see him on an episode of Kirstie Allsop last year?

    The views are fabulous from Ally Pally. I spent many a summer's afternoon there in my youth, messing about on the boating lake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know about it, otherwise I could have made it!!!!!! Lack of instagram means I don't get asked, I guess! looks like you all had a lovely day though, is lush meeting up with people isn't it? you and I will meet one day gem. all the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I have the same leopard print trolley but as the Prince was in a pushchair til recently, I've not used it for ages. Time I dust it off and show it off in this coastal town me thinks!!!
    Might have to enter the real world and get Instagram (and therefore a new phone, oh and a dishwasher,tumble drier etc etc.)
    Although I think I would just get addicted to Instagram and I am already trying to wean myself off technology and give myself some peace, just "being" in the moment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right, had Erin known you, you would have received her invitation too.

      You would love instagram, but it can take over, I have to limit myself to using it, Wilf helps me do that as he is phone obsessed. I don't know whether to encourage you to join (selfishly) or warn you away from it if peace is what you're after!

      You can get Instagram on the Ipad, just don't know if you can take pics with an ipad though.

      God I love 'Gem the Trolley', I am so happy you gave it to me. One day I will bestow upon you an equally amazing gift.

      I know you're up too your eye balls ATM, but I hope you are getting to the sea frequently.

      xxx

      Delete
  6. It was fab to meet everyone, the show was good too but I was much more interested in talking to all the girls, although I didn't mange to get around everyone. It was quite a short day really wasn't it?

    Same time and place next year hey? I know a few people from blog land who, now I have seen the event, would love to come along and also some people from real life too. I'm so glad Erin invited me as I probably wouldn't have gone otherwise. She was so good at organising the group wasn't she. I'm looking forward to her starting up a blog.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a lovely time. It has been some years since I last went to that show - I must go again! Pj x

    ReplyDelete