Wednesday 3 October 2012

Bodiam Castle

In my last post I had said how I was wanting to tell you about an afternoon spent at Bodiam Castle, I wrote that a week ago :s  this day out feels like ages ago, in a way it kinda was.  It was almost 2 weeks ago.


We picked a perfect day to visit as the sun was shinning, the weather was glorious (shame I can't say that about the current weather but still).


We'd had no intentions of visiting before but seeing as we had our annual membership with the National Trust it made sense to make the most of it while we have it.  Plus it's a free day out, now that is a bonus.


The grounds were stunning.  We had a really lovely walk around the outside of the castle.  Although there were lots of people around, it didn't feel busy.  there was plenty of space to roam around.


Even the ducks came to say hello.



This just shows the enormity of this place, it was pretty big.


There was so much to look at.  I loved looking at all the inscriptions in the stone walls.  It makes you wonder who must have wrote them all those years ago and what their story might have been.


This was one of my favourite photos of the day.  It's James looking out at the moat.  There were loads of carp swimming around, they were huge.



I didn't take as many photos of the inside of the castle as I did of the outside.  I just found the outside so much more nicer to photograph.  I'm not sure what that says about me but there it is, I said it.


The views were pretty stunning too.  Literally from every point you looked out from a beautiful view of the countryside was to be seen.


A castle would never have been my choice of a day out had it not been for our National Trust membership, but you know what I really enjoyed it.  We had a lovely day out.  And since we have been visiting these places I've been saying to James "we really should do this more often"  Well we have until June to make the most of it, and make the most of it we will.

Love Gem x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Great photos, I love castles! looks like a wonderful place to visit :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! Love the moat, the castle glistens next to the water. Must go and see it one day. I always enjoy reading the ancient graffiti on these buildings too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fabulous place! Love your photos!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must add this to my places to visit list! Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. My parents have NT membership and they love going out and about.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pis of a lovely location....Is there a more romantic place to spend a day with your man than at a castle.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to visit, your photos are absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks huge! You chose a perfect day for it. How are you anyway? Having fun at your floristry course?

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete