Saturday 12 May 2012

An Evening In Greenwich

Me and James recently drove into London.  We parked up on the Isle of Dogs and walked along the river to Greenwich.



This was a first for both of us.  We have had many visits to Greenwich in the past but have never seen the Royal Navy College from this view point before.  It was lovely.

We jumped in the lift and walked under the river using the foot tunnel.

Now have you ever seen a lift like this before?



As soon as we stepped out the first thing we saw was the Cutty Sark.


It looks great now it has all been finished.  We will definitely be going back to have a proper look and see it all inside.


The main reason for our visit was for James to see the HMS Ocean.


It is there as a trial for the Olympics, it will be leaving again before hand but will be returning in time for the games to begin.

What we hadn't bargained on seeing though was this fantastic sunset.  It was breathtaking and the photos really don't do it justice, but I will let you see them to decide for yourselves.






Gorgeous isn't it!  I haven't edited these photos except for cropping them and adding my name to the bottom, the colours you see are exactly what was captured.

It was a lovely evening, one I will remember for a long time from now.

Love Gem x x x x

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What amazing photos! That sounds a really interesting trip! I've always wanted to try the foot-tunnel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant day out! Whatever you do, you always get so much out of it and thank you for sharing with us.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunset. Sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend, how lush. X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the Cutty Sark! Last time I was in London was when it burnt. I can't wait to see it again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab pictures Gem! That sunset is amazing : )

    I'd love to go and see that ship...it looks cool!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gem,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I enjoyed it very much! Your visit to Greenwich looks nice. Never been there, but I like the view of the Naval college and the boats.

    Happy week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images Gemma, I love Greenwich and that tunnel is amazing isn't it?xx

    ReplyDelete