Sunday 26 February 2012

The National Wedding Show 2012

On Saturday myself and a friend I used to work with (who is also getting married) went along to The National Wedding Show at Earls Court, Olympia in London.  I was really looking forward to spending the day together as I haven't seen her for a while and we are used to seeing each other almost every day at work so it was going to be a good catch up session plus a chance to get some ideas etc. for the weddings.  Neither of us had been to an event like this so didn't have a clue what to expect but no expectations is always best with these sorts of things I find, right?

Wrong!  I was so disappointed.  It was great to catch up with my friend but the event itself just seemed to be filled with a lot of nothing.  I know a lot of people who have been to this event before and have really raved about it, I'm not sure if I have just missed something or this year it generally was just rubbish.  People have said there are loads of freebies etc. but I'm guessing due to the recession this has been cut back as there were none, well other than bags with leaflets and a roses chocolate!


The highlight from the show for me was Rock My Wedding.  I follow their blog already so all of the ideas that were in their presentations  could have got from their blog any way but it was great to see it all explained in front of you and all in one place.  So not only do they rock weddings, they also rocked my wedding show :)  I gained quite a few ideas from them.  I would recommend checking them out if you are planning a wedding, it is well worth a look.  (if you check out today's post here, you can see the best bits from their stand, and also get a glimpse of me watching one of their presentations :)  I am sitting in the front row on the left hand side as you look at the photo, wearing a black cardi with a flowery dress, my friend is wearing the bright orange!)

We got there early for when the show opened, which was the best thing we could have done as we missed the crowds this way.  We were finished by lunchtime so decided to end the morning in a local restaurant before heading off home.  Never mind, you win some, you loose some but at least we had a great day catching up and I did get a few ideas at least.

Massive thanks to Rock My Wedding for making the show worth visiting, I would have been mega depressed otherwise.

Lots of Love
Gem x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gem,

    That's a shame! I think a lot of these shows are aimed at people with megga bucks! They should so one full of DIY's...that would be fun!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gem, I am so sorry! I feel really bad for recommending it to you now!

    I promise it was really good when I went but I guess that was a year and a half ago now!

    I'm so sorry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won tickets to this show a few years back before i got married and to be honest i didnt think much of it either :o( Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete