Tuesday 4 October 2011

Things I'm Grateful For

For some time now I have been noting down things that I am grateful / thankful for. There are so many things in life we take for granted. It took me a little while to realise it which is really bad, but when I actually stopped and thought about it, there are so many things that make me grateful and thankful for what I have, who I am and where I have come from.
  • Independence. This is something that has obviously grown over time but un-doubtedly more so since I started working in London. It has really made me grow as a person and I can't be more thankful for that.

  • Beautiful Scenery. This one was noted while I was in Shipley (I told you I had been noting things down for a while, this visit was back in July) When I take the time it is all around me, Chelmsford, London, Shipley the Lake District, everywhere I go there is some kind of beauty in my surroundings.
  • Freedom. I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want, with whom I want (within reason obviously) As a woman I feel there are a lot of females from our past i have to thank for that, as well as my own family for the up-bringing I have been given.

  • Great Colleagues. I have always worked with great people, some of whom I am still in contact with, but I can truly say from the bottom of my heart I have never worked with such incredible people as I do now, I get on with everyone and we have such a laugh which helps us get through the tough days we face.
This is one of my colleagues - he will probably kill me for putting this on here but it is called payback my friend ha ha (he will know what I am talking about if ever he sees this)

  • Family. I am so lucky to have such a great and loving family, We have always been close and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • My Health. Touch wood. I have been very fortunate with my health, I just hope it stays that way.

  • James. I know we have our moments, but what couples don't. What matters the most is that he is there for me when I really need him and when it matters and for that, well how could I not love him?
  • Dreams. What would life be like without our dreams. I know there are things I dream of that I could never have, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't want them either, but can you seriously imagine what life would be like without your dreams.

I know I am lucky to have what I have.  I know there are others who are not as fortunate as myself, which is even more so reason to appreciate what I have. The list goes on, there are plenty of other things I could list here, but I thought I could always save those for another day. We shall see.

What are you grateful / thankful for? I'd love to hear from you.

Love Gem xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gem,

    A really good post. I am grateful for all the same things as you are. Family, freedom, my home, feeling safe and secure : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post Gem, it's so easy to get caught up in the day to day parts of life and forget to be grateful, and like you I have lots to be grateful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, check out my post from yesterday! It's pretty much the same thing in a more condensed form! This is what I do periodically! Good things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete