Friday 21 October 2011

An Autumn's Day Walk

My little blog has been rather neglected the past few weeks, the truth is I haven't really been feeling myself, and as a result haven't been doing anything worth blogging about.  I have been trying so hard to stay positive and trying to beat these feelings I have been having, but nothing seems to have worked.  


Last weekend me and James went for a nice long walk in Weald Country Park, Brentwood on a beautiful autumn day, in a bid to try and blow these awful feelings of mine away.  The weather was gorgeous, the sun was shining and there was a slight breeze.  We agreed that we do not do this often enough and have promised to try and do it more frequently.   


This was also the first thing I was able to cross off my Autumn List for 2011.  'Hear Leaves Crunching Underfoot During A Country Walk'. 

As we were walking along we came across some chestnut tree's.  As I had missed the conkers we decided to start collecting up chestnuts instead.



And then on the walk back to the car I found this beauty.  


I was so excited after finding this, I forgot to take any more photos of the conkers, well until we got home so you will have to excuse the bad photos of the conkers, but here they all are anyway.


Another item crossed off my list ' Go Conkering'.  So now I have started, I am even more determined to get this list completed this season, no excuses this time.  Plus I am hoping it will be a good feeling to actually achieve something.


Thanks for your patience and hello to all my new followers.

~ Gem x

3 comments:

  1. Hope you continue feel up. your photo's were certainly uplifting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!!!!!!!
    I was in Weald park last weekend too! I was doing a Skyride from Seven Kings to Weald Park and back. It's such a lovely place! I went there on Boxing day with friends once and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you found such great conkers! Keep writing, keep positive - things will improve I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete