Tuesday 28 June 2011

Virtual Coffee- An Evening Of Burlesque

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was feeling a lot worse then I was expecting to feel, but onward and upwards I say.  The tooth has now been removed and I am well on the road to recovery.

A while back I had seen this advertised to be shown at our local theatre, almost immediately I bought 2 tickets for me and James to go, and I had been looking forward to it ever since.


The time came on Friday night and as you can imagine James was rather quite looking forward to the evening ahead, secretly so was I, well let's face it I wouldn't have bought the tickets otherwise.  Well we were not disappointed.  It was a great show, with quite a bit of variety as well.


Piff the Magic Dragon - A magic act, obviously and the only male act, he bagged himself a show to be part of there didn't he!


Wow this girl could really hula, it puts my efforts to shame, it was amazing.

And then there was the burlesque.



This girl was fantastic and probably one of my faves, although she did come across being a little bit moody, but my god this woman could play the piano and she could move, her dance routine was brilliant, she had me mesmerised.



I loved this act, she used a lot of comedy which didn't seem as obvious in other acts (well not to me anyway)


These are some of the girls, the cast changes from show to show, I believe there are around 20 of them in total.  The costumes were gorgeous, the dance routines were fantastic, the girls were all really pretty and it was certainly a tantalising show that didn't leave much to the imagination.  

I will be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the evening, but I am glad I went, you know me, I like to try things that I wouldn't usually try and will always give something a go, life is too short not to, I am a firm believer of living life for the moment and taking every opportunity that comes your way.  I was impressed, it was very good and I was surprised at the audience it had attracted.  There were definitely more women than men and quite a lot of OAP's, I first wondered if they knew what they were in for but they all seemed to have a great night and that is what it is all about at the end of the day. 

They are currently touring the country.  I would highly recommend it, although don't get seats in the front row like I did, you do get picked on, much to my embarrassment, James was not fazed though when he was picked on by the host of the show he told her and the rest of the theatre that I was his sister - You can imagine the look he received from me for this one, ha ha you have to laugh though, the cheeky little bugger, his sister, honestly, why would you go to a burlesque show with your sister!!!!!! Typical guy hey, this sure proved that they think down there and not up there that's for sure : )

More information can be found about where they will be performing on the website which is where I got all the pictures for this post, as you weren't allowed to take photos during the show, for obvious reasons. 

All in all it was a great night and worth the wait to go and see it.

~ Gem x 

P.S Thank you to everyone who has entered my giveaway so far and good luck to you all.  I have now reached 50 followers!!!!!  Thank you so much, and welcome to my new followers.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun!
    I would love to go to a Burlesque show :)
    I'll have to see if my local theater will be doing one in the future..

    Jodi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gem, thanks for sharing this. I've never been to a Burlesque show either. Must go..

    Glad your mouth is feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'll have to check this out... I have a strange obsession with Burlesque but yet to see a show!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to laugh when you said about the OAPS..they turn up in the most random of places sometimes heehee!

    Men ey...so cheeky!

    Hope your feeling better soon : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete