Monday 14 February 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Good Evening and Happy Valentines to you all.  I hope you are all able to be spending your evening with your loved ones.  I am sorry I haven't been posting for a few days.  I have been spending some much needed time with my family while.  We have all been supporting each other through a difficult time in our life.  I am expecting this to be the case for some time yet so please bear with me, I am hoping that usually blogging will resume soon.

I have been meaning to post this for some time now so apologies again.  I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to LissyLou who has awarded me this:


How exciting hey?  Now the rules are: 

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.


7 Things about Me.
* I love Rose flavoured Turkish Delights.  Either coated in Chocolate or without, I'm not fussy.  Me and James went to Turkey a couple of years back, there was a Turkish delight shop with every flavour imaginable, of course I had to try them all, it was amazing, but Rose is still my favourite flavour. 



* I used to work in a Travel Agents.  For 4 years I worked for Thomas Cook.  Although getting discounts on my holidays was amazing, it just wasn't the job for me.



* I too like Lissy Lou love Kinder chocolate.  Although I don't like the kinder bueno's.  But I love either Kinder Eggs or Kinder chocolate bars yum.

* I am a sucker for chick flicks.  Any kind of Rom-Com and I'm there : )

* I am off to see usher again, yes again.  The same show as last week, I'm going on Friday.  I have managed to get seats 3 rows from the front.  You can imagine how excited I am : )  I physically cannot wait.




* I hate chicken.  I know this is a bit of a bizarre thing to put but it is a fact about me and everyone seems to be so amazed by it when they find out.  I don't know why I don't like it.  It is something I have never liked and have tried it on many occasions, as it has to be the worst type of meat not to like, it is practically in everything so I have even tried willing myself to like it but .  Maybe one day, but just not today!
*I would love to one day be able to say that I have travelled the world.  I doubt this will ever happen, but a girl has to have dreams, right?


I actually didn't realise how hard it is to think of 7 facts about myself, which is pretty ironic really considering that this blog is about me.  I suppose the hard part was trying to think about things that I haven't yet shared with you all. 

Anyways now to pass on to 15 fellow bloggers.  Here it goes.  I would like to pass this award on to:


OK so that is my chosen 15, a tough decision.  Now I just have to contact them all to let them know they have won an award.  My apologies if you read this before getting your message, I am slowly getting around to it : ).

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening.

Love Gem xxx


 

10 comments:

  1. i always have a hard time thinking of facts to share about myself without feeling like a big dork : ) so i know just what you mean! i do love reading more about others though, always interesting...thanks for sharing! have fun at Usher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gem,
    Hope you've had a fab valentines!
    Thank you for the award, must try to blog it this week or I will forget!!
    xxxGem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award and I hope you have lots of fun at the Usher concert.

    You 'hate' chicken? Do you like chickens (the live sort)?

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gem, many thanks for my award, that's really very kind of you! I will try to post soon, not sure I have any facts left to give, but I shall try!!!!!

    Hope you have a super week!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all very welcome : )

    I don't mind live chickens, infact I quite like them. Whenever I see anything remotely chicken related in home stores it always reminds me of you now : )

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *love* turkish delight as well. Whenever my partner's Dad goes over to Turkey, I always get some brought back. It's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll start off by sending you love during this hard time for you and your family. xx
    I love reading all the interesting facts about bloggers but yes it is very difficult to think of some. I love Turkish delight too esp the rose ones. Have fun at the concert! He's soooo lovely.

    Now I don't actually do awards anymore due to time issues but thank you so very much anyway and it's been lovely to meet you. I have been awarded many of these type of challenges so perhaps I should just do the facts bit and pass on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things get better for you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gem, thanks for the award :-)
    Always nice to meet a new bloggy friend :-)

    Sorry to hear your grandad is unwell :-( My nan & grandad are getting on now & I had a big scare with my nan recently, fortunately she is still with us for now, a change in medication has helped her out, but both are in their 80's so trying to cherish every moment we have now!

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gem!

    Aww thank you so much for awarding me : )

    I've been super busy this past week and haven't had any time for blogging!

    I'm sorry to hear things are a bit rough at the moment...hopefully things will look up soon : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete