Tuesday 4 September 2018

Missing The Country Life

Recently I have really been missing the country life.  I'm so glad that it was never something I took for granted while I had it.  I'm pleased that I made the most of it each and every day while I was living in my little bungalow surrounded by fields. 


I don't particularly mind the hustle and bustle of a busy city, but nothing really beats the country lanes, the wide open fields and the wildlife that is so apparent when you're in the countryside.  Driving through busy streets and hearing the general day to day noises of car engines and alarms, sirens and people really makes me crave the quieter days and the slower pace of life.  Being in the great outdoors and just breathing it all in.  Really being able to distinguish the difference between the seasons and witnessing natures journey.    


I know in theory you can make any house a home, but I still don't feel that since leaving my little spot in the country almost 2 years ago now that I have found a home, a place that I belong.  Just lately I have really been feeling it and I'm not going to lie, it makes me feel really sad.


I hope that one day this will all change and I will be back where I belong, but for now it seemed right to share these feelings and to admit that you know what, sometimes things aren't always great and you won't always be happy with what you have and that's OK.  I know I am far more fortunate than many other people out there so I am not writing this for sympathy or people's pity.  It's more a case of highlighting that everyone has their own battles they are contending with, just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

~ Gem x

2 comments:

  1. We all put on a public face which can be so much different from how we really feel,thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, it's something I think people do all too often, and I guess it is really important for us all to remember this xx

      Delete