Wednesday 24 August 2016

Hitchin Lavender Farm




Last month I headed out to Hitchin in Hertfordshire with Marie in tow.  We had a picnic packed and an exciting day planned at the Lavender Farm.






I've wanted to visit a lavender farm for quite some time now, so I was really looking forward to getting there and seeing it for myself after admiring endless images on Instagram.  It did not disappoint.




The field seemed to go on for miles, it was literally a sea of purple.  Absolutely stunning and the smell was incredible.  We walked from one end of the field to the through the rows of lavender, taking it all in and soaking up the atmosphere.  The sound of bees buzzing away was so relaxing and the pretty purple flowers dancing in the wind mesmerizing.




We both spent the whole day saying to each other, I just can't believe how much of it there is or it just looks so beautiful.  We were both blown away by it all.





I'm so glad we managed to see it.  We also picked loads too, now I've just got to decide what I'm going to do with it all.  Any suggestions will be greatly received.




~ Gem x



2 comments:

  1. I think lavender "wands" are lovely - this page has lots of ideas http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/lavender-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to look into that, thank you x

      Delete