Wednesday 22 October 2014

Our Country Wedding Day

I seriously cannot believe that I am writing about my very own wedding, it just seems so crazy.  Already in my head I can sense a fair few wedding related posts coming up.  I'll try and break it down into sections as opposed to throwing it all into one long blog post.
I know all you really want to see are photos.


It was the most perfect and magical day.  


I loved every second of it.  


The day was everything I had imagined it to be and more.    


The weather was glorious, we couldn't have asked for better, especially as the days leading up to the wedding had turned really cold, wet and windy.


A lot of the elements of the day we had put together ourselves.  


A lot of favours were called in and the help from our friends and family was invaluable, we couldn't have done it without them.  


All of the planning and the stressing though was worth it and looking back I wouldn't have changed a thing.


It all felt so personal and that was exactly what we were looking for, so I am more than pleased that we managed to capture that.


It felt like such a laid back and relaxed day, everything seemed to flow really well and everyone had a great time (or so they tell us).


    I'm just sad that it is all over now.


I'd give anything to be able to live it all over again.


But instead I will just have to relive it all through beautifully captured photos and of course the happy memories.


~ Gem x 

11 comments:

  1. I`ve been waiting for these photos and have been checking regularly. You look fabulous....that dress....the stuff of dreams.... and your hair .....it reminds me of mine when I was married. It all looks very special and I have enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. It was a perfect day, I loved every second of it and would love to do it all over again.
      There will be more to come, I have at least one more post in draft.

      See you soon x x x

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous day, Gem! Every element lovely and perfectly planned. And you-- a stunner! What a beautiful bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, you both look so happy. Which venues did you use, both for wedding and reception?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both. You were a very beautiful bride ... even with your tongue sticking out! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on what looks like an amazing day!!!

    Victoria xx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful, lovely photos! Congratulations!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Congratulations, you look so beautiful! I love the one where you look really shy near the start! How lovely! Is that Hylands house?!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie. I really love the natural shots, they really capture the moment :)
      It was Hylands House yes. Such a gorgeous venue, never imagined I would be getting married there though haha x x x

      Delete
  8. Great pictures! I really do love the one of you sticking your tongue out : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete