Tuesday 21 October 2014

A Country Bridal Shower


Initially I had intended on planning my own bridal shower, but if I'm being honest with you, I spent more time stressing about what everyone else would want to do rather than what I wanted to do.  It was here that my good friend Marie and my lovely Mum stepped in and took over.  


They did an amazing job.  I couldn't have done it any better myself. The whole day was just lovely and the little touches were just right, it was all very me.


We started off with afternoon tea in a gorgeous local tea room in the village called The Secret Garden.  I have been a few times before but have never before had exclusive use of the private function room.  I felt very special.


We ate well, talked lots and even played a few games.  


Once we had all finished we headed off to another local business in the village to take part in another of my favourite activities.  Pottery painting.


It was so nice seeing my friends and family (some who have never met before) getting along with each other and enjoying the afternoon as much as I was.  


I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea (excuse the pun) but I honestly couldn't of thought of anything else I would have wanted to of done.  And I have to say, I loved the country references hehee.

Gem x x x

3 comments:

  1. Its so important to do exactly what is right for you and this all sounds just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased that it worked out as it did. Everyone enjoyed it and it was so me which was even better x x x

      Delete