Monday 14 July 2014

Another Visit to Freshwinds Camp-site

This weekend saw another visit to Freshwinds Camp-site in Pett near Hastings.  If memory serves me correct it was our sixth visit but there may well have been more.  It is definitely beginning to feel like a home away from home.  Tim and Anne who run the camp-site are so welcoming, their hospitality never ceases to amaze me, it is always a pleasure being able to go and visit them.


We were really lucky to be able to stay in their new Tiny House on Friday night.  This takes glamping to the extreme.  There are no other words for it except lush.  I could actually live in something like this, one thing is for sure, it would make an immense craft room.  I've already discussed this with James ha-ha.


It was kitted out with everything that you would need for your stay.  From crockery and cutlery to bedding and pillows, all the way through to a china set with teapot, cups and saucers.  Oh and did I mention that it has its own gas hob and kitchen sink.  There isn't anything that Anne hasn't thought about.


No fumbling around for torches in the night and traipsing across a wet field for the toilets in the dark, oh no, solar panels means that it has lights, and it also comes with its own compost toilet inside.  Perfect :)


The shower was incredible, if I am being completely honest, it was even better than my own shower at home.  The bed was really comfy too.  The bedroom area being upstairs on a mezzanine floor feels so separate from the rest of the living quarters, the space has been divided up and used so effectively.


I love the tiny house, I didn't want to leave.  I've already asked Tim & Anne if we can rent it and live in it permanently, if not I may have to consider squatting.  i mean come on, who wouldn't want a view like this from their bedroom window?


All I can say is if you are going to be visiting the area and are looking for somewhere to stay this NEEDS to be on your list of options.  I promise you will not be disappointed.

Check out their website for prices and availability and to book your stay.  they also have 2 yurts, a tipi and a shepherds hut or you can camp in your own tent in their camping field.  I may see you down there some time.

Gem x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Looks a great place to stay! Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks rather lovely - as much as I love tent camping I could easily be converted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freshwinds! My colleague stayed in a yurt there. Or was it a shepherds hut... One of those anyway.... It's on my list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog entry Gemma and great to spend the day and evening with you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise Jen it really was a wonderful weekend x x x

      Delete
  5. Looks awesome. They don't have a 2 adult, 1 child, 2 infant option. When we come back to UK might have to enquire more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they could accommodate, deffo worth looking into. I couldn't recommend the place enough, I love it there and such a great location too x x x

      Delete